Discover the history, the scenic views and the local produce Like Never Before…
- Participate in a series of 4WD escorted private day tours to scenic locations in the Mt Barker and Porongurup Range areas previously famous for its apple orchards
- Experience the world’s largest Sandalwood Oil Distillery at Mt Romance with its wide range of essential sandalwood oil products and “The Cone, the Gong and the Bowl” centre
- View the Old Gaol, Police Station and Museum in Mt Barker
- Travel along Porongurup Road passing some beautiful country, stopping at various locations viewing wildflowers (in season) and other scenic sights, Castle Rock Skywalk, local wineries for tastings and lunch
- Explore the country and the amazing Stirling Range and discover the indigenous fish traps and the indigenous Kurrah Mia shop in Albany
- Learn about the natural and cultural aesthetics of country with the diverse array of stunning landscapes, meeting local people and taking in the history of the area
Established in 1997, Mt Romance pioneered the distillation and use of Australian Sandalwood (Santalum spicatum) in the fragrance industry. Today the 60,000m2 facility is the world’s largest distiller of Sandalwood oil, and works to support local and global communities through our commitment to quality, sustainability and ethical business.